Mini-Load ASRS Crane Technical Details
Constructed of rigid, light weigh, state-of-the-art materials which enable it to operate smoothly and efficiently at high rates of speed, the Mini-Load ASRS Crane delivers some of the fastest ASRS transaction times available: Depending upon the model and associated load handling equipment, the Mini-Load Crane can reach acceleration speeds of 6.5 meters per second squared and travel at speeds of up to 6.5 meters per second. This performance produces a clear potential for increases in transactional throughput as well as a rapid return on investment.
Mini-Load ASRS Cranes can be used for applications ranging from as little as 2 meters (6 feet) in height to over 22 meters (72 feet) and in aisles running in excess of 100 meters (328 feet) in length. These ASRS machines can be installed in existing facilities or incorporated into new construction. When incorporated into new construction, overall facility costs can be greatly reduced by integrating the storage rack structure into the building, eliminating the need for building columns.
Mini-Load ASRS Cranes are part of a complete family of automated storage and retrieval systems including shuttle ASRS, beam type mini-load machines, and Unit-Load ASRS. Invata deploys ASRS machinery to the requirements of each unique operation as key components of our purpose built systems.
Common applications of Mini-Load ASRS Cranes include:
- Dynamic picking systems in which only the items that need to be presented for order selection are faced in the system at any moment in time.
- Automated replenishment of picking positions.
- Selection of full cases and sequencing of cases to meet client requirements such as stratified pallets or sequenced deliveries.
- Small parts storage.
- Sequence buffering between operations with disparate timing.
- Goods to person order fulfillment systems.
Notable Features of Mini-Load ASRS Cranes:
- Smooth, high-speed, low-wear operation.
- High availability and reliability.
- Ability to redundantly store inventory and spread transactions to allow for complete failover safeguards.
- Load handling capabilities ranging from a few grams up to 750 pounds.
- Ability to handle various load types, including totes, trays, and original inventory cartons.
- Safe, quiet operation. Low energy consumption, run on demand. Long service life, high load capacity.
- Can be equipped with advanced energy saving/recovery technology, which optimizes travel profiles and recovers braking energy.
Mini-Load AS/RS cranes are part of Invata’s complete family of ASRS applications including the Unit Load ASRS crane, beam type mini load machines, and the shuttle ASRS technologies of the One Level Shuttle ASRS and the 3D shuttle ASRS and multi shuttle.
Of equal importance to the performance of a Mini-Load ASRS Crane is the warehouse management system (WMS) and warehouse control system (WCS) software used to integrate an ASRS into an intralogistics system. Invata’s own FastTrak® warehouse execution software suite is a key asset to achieving optimal performance for ASR Systems of all types.
To learn more about what an Invata Mini-Load ASRS Crane can do for your operation, contact us, and we’ll be happy to share more about our rich history of employing ASRS technology to enhance operational productivity.