A versatile and reliable Warehouse Control System, FastTrak WCS, provides complete WCS functionality including automation control, routing, sorting, in-motion weighing and print apply, tracking, and PLC communications.
In doing so it provides a uniform interface for dynamic management and control of a wide range of material handling processes, systems, and equipment:
These include any combination of conveyors, sortation systems, automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS), pick-to-light, put-to-light, and pack-to-light systems, in-motion scales, dimensioning equipment, print apply, scanners, cameras, and more.
Real-Time Warehouse Control System Performance
Advanced warehouse automation systems require real-time millisecond transaction execution, decision making, and machine response realization capabilities to perform at the levels required for true systems optimization. Business ERP systems (and most Warehouse Management Systems) are unable to achieve millisecond execution and subsequently aren’t designed to effectively process the multitude of high-speed transactions needed in a busy fulfillment or distribution center.
If information isn’t available to enable warehouse control system software to make decisions, warehouse automaton equipment can be idled. FastTrak’s sophisticated, high-speed database is engineered to process data points in the milliseconds required to ensure real-time information is always available for the critical decisions needed to keep material handling systems running at optimal speeds.
Filling the Gaps Between Your Business System and Warehouse Automation
A full function, powerful warehouse control system, FastTrak WCS can be deployed as a stand alone WCS application or as a complement to an existing Warehouse Management System (WMS) or host business system (ERP). As a part of Invata’s warehouse execution software, which includes WMS, WCS, LMS, and TMS functionality, Invata’ s warehouse control system can be be coupled with FastTrak WMS, LMS, or TMS applications to eliminate the need for combining disparate software systems, databases, logic and methodologies.
When combined with a host ERP, FastTrak WCS acts as a middleware offering bi-directional interfaces that serves as a glue that bonds disparate business systems and equipment into one cohesive system. In the process, FastTrak Warehouse Control System fills the gaps in function and system controls that are needed to seamlessly integrate all aspects of an operation from inventory receipt and order fulfillment to inventory management and shipping.
While FastTrak WCS is a capable, stand alone Warehouse Control System, it can also be implemented in part to fill gaps in system performance.
One of the unique aspects of FastTrak warehouse controls system is that it can be used in full or in part to realize the benefit of process changes and automation in any fulfillment or distribution center. There is often no need for a company to abandon its investment in EPR or WMS systems, since FastTrak can fill the gaps as needed.
Material Handling System Visualization
FastTrak’s WCS Visualization Module provides a graphical display of equipment, messages, and performance metrics, giving real-time feedback on equipment operation status as well as maintenance status. Transactional detail is logged for inquiries, reports, and audits. Detailed tracking data, pending and processed workload, alerts, and performance metrics are easily accessible through user-friendly dashboard and visualization displays.
Proven Warehouse Control System Reliability
FastTrak Warehouse Control System is tailored to meet the exacting requirements of each client’s automation system. It undergoes detailed functional specification, rigorous testing, and is defensively designed for life-cycle supportability. Proven solutions are currently operating in numerous industries encompassing every aspect of warehouse automation from receiving door to shipping door.
FastTrak Warehouse Control System (WCS) Features and Functionality:
- Automates and controls entire warehouse, connecting all systems, and optimizing system and resource utilization efficiency.
- Provides real-time data collection, analysis, updating, and sharing between systems.
- Can be deployed as:
- a standalone application,
- as a complement to existing WMS or ERP host,
- as an integral piece of a complete warehouse execution system,
- or in part to fill gaps between business system and warehouse automation.
- Can be combined with FastTrak WMS, LMS, and TMS applications for the added benefits derived from a single system interface and shared, common database.
- Can acts as a middleware, providing communications to host ERP or WMS as well as all equipment/subsystems.
- Enables single port connection to host business system (ERP) or WMS.
- Features a scalable architecture, capable of morphing to meet changes in your business profile without prohibitive customization requirements common to many systems.
- Generates real-time reporting and performance metrics.
- Utilizes user-friendly material handling visualization screens and dashboard displays to facilitate efficient management of warehouse operations.
- Features a robust, versatile, reliable, defensive design.
Equipment Related Features:
- Controls conveyor systems via dynamic management of routing, lane assignments, and load balancing.
- Controls sortation systems and lane assignments for all types of sortation conveyors including the: cross-belt sorter, sliding shoe sorter, tilt tray sorter, bomb bay sorter, and narrow belt sorter.
- Optimizes automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS) such as the One Level Shuttle, the Multi-Level Shuttle (not to be confused with the Multishuttle) and the Mini-Load Crane.
- Controls print/apply equipment to ensure perfect out-the-door quality.
- Directs in-motion weighing for quality checks and manifesting purposes.
- Manages Voice Picking applications to enhance productivity and enhance the quality of the order selection process.
- Directs in-motion dimensioning equipment control for accurate receiving and transportation management processing.
- Provides real time control of PTL systems in their various configurations of Pick-to-Light, Pack-to-Light, and Put-to-Light.
- Provides directives and information to warehouse equipment to perform real-time actions and complete order fulfillment tasks.