Small Parcel Sorter Technical Details:
Essentially, a scaled down version of the Narrow Belt Sorter NBS 90, the Small Parcel Sorter ( or Narrow Belt Sorter 90 Degree Small Parcel aka NBS 90SP ) is comprised of a series, smaller scale, closely aligned, narrow carrying belts with rows of small diameter rollers positioned between the belts and just below the belt surface. When an item reaches its intended divert, three rows of high-friction, reversible drive rollers rise up and discharge items at right-angles to the conveyor.
Utilizing positive acceleration to gently divert items, the Small Parcel Sorter accurately discharges items to either one side of the conveyor or both, enabling operations to optimize divert points placement with a minimum operational footprint.
Notable features and capabilities of the Small Parcel Sorter (aka Multi Belt Sorter, Small Item Sorter, or Strip Belt Sorter):
- Sorts up to 7,200 products per hour, carrying items at speeds up to 300 feet per minute.
- Sorts small (minimum 4″ x 4″ to maximum 13″ x 24″) sized items up to 20lbs in weight, including books, small parcels, and media.
- Diverts at 90-degree angle to either one or both sides of conveyor.
- Divert modules are mounted to continuous rail for easy repositioning in the field to accommodate changes in divert locations.
- Independent belt take-ups reduce maintenance and enhance belt life.
- High operational availability.
- Low noise.
- Low maintenance/operating costs.