NBS 90 Narrow Belt Sorter Technical Details:
The Narrow Belt Sorter 90 Degree is comprised of a series of narrow carrying belts with rows of rollers positioned at a 90-degree angle to the direction of the conveyor and housed just below the belt surface between the belts. When an item reaches its intended divert, multiple rows of high-friction, bi-directional rollers rise up and gently discharge items at a 90-degree angle to the conveyor.
Discharge rollers on the Narrow Belt Sorter NBS 90 (or Strip Belt Sorter) utilize positive acceleration to gently divert items to either side of the conveyor, enabling operations to maximize divert placement within a minimal operational footprint.
Notable features and capabilities of the Narrow Belt Sorter 90 Degree NBS 90 (aka Multi-Belt Sorter or Strip Belt Sorter):
- Sorts up to 3,600 products per hour, carrying items at speeds up to 300 feet per minute.
- Sorts small (minimum 6″ x 6″) to medium (maximum 28″ x 28″) sized items up to 75lbs in weight (or 50lbs per foot) including cartons, packages, poly-bags, and multi-media.
- Diverts at 90-degree angle to either side of conveyor.
- Divert modules are mounted to continuous rail for easy repositioning in the field to accommodate changes in divert locations.
- Independent belt take-ups ensure smooth operation and long belt life.
- High operational availability.
- Energy usage is 60% less than conventional sorters.
- Installation time can be half as much as conventional sorters.
- Low noise.
- Low maintenance/operating costs.