The Unit Load ASRS is a heavy payload, high density automated storage and retrieval system that enables highly efficient, accurate, safe, and stable handling of full pallets, roll cages, containerized loads, and large items. Capable of transporting loads up to 2500kg (5500lbs), the unit load ASRS operates as a crane on a three dimensional axis in aisles that are just slightly wider than the load being stored.
Offering a vertical storage capacity up to 24 meters (79 Feet), the unit load AS/RS crane can reach heights otherwise inaccessible by forklift trucks at speeds far faster than can be achieved through conventional truck handling.
The unit load ASRS can reach acceleration speeds of 1 meter per second squared and travel at 3 meters per second, enabling increases in transactional throughput compared to conventional handling and promoting a rapid return on investment.
Invata unit load cranes utilize a field proven, twin mast structural technology, resulting in a rigid frame that can easily stand up to the rigors of 24/7 production, while offing increased stability during load transfer. Telescoping forks are used as the load-handling device for lifting items in and out of storage.
Unit Load ASRS Aisle Changing Technology
The Invata Unit load ASRS can service either a single aisle or multiple aisles of storage when outfitted with aisle changing technology.
Utilizing a tight-radius rail and switch system, the Aisle Changing Unit Load ASRS can travel around end aisles to service multiple aisle locations.
This can be useful to operations for a number of reasons:
- Low throughput operations can gain the benefit of automation efficiency with a lower upfront investment.
- Growing operations can have flexibility of increasing the number of cranes in use as throughput requirements increase.
- High throughput operations can gain the protection of a level redundancy unmatched by other unit load ASRS systems in the event of a piece equipment would need to be taken offline for servicing.
The aisle changing unit load ASRS carries a maximum load of 2000kg (4400lbs) and vertical height capacity of 20 meters (66 feet).
Common applications of Unit Load ASRS Cranes include:
- Automated delivery and retrieval of full pallets, roll cages, containerized loads, and large items to and from storage.
- Automated replenishment of picking locations.
- Buffering of inventory between processes.
- Goods to person order fulfillment systems.
- Sequencing of unit loads to meet delivery requirements.
- Loading and unloading of flow rack systems.
Notable Features of Unit Load ASRS Cranes:
- Smooth, rapid, stable transport of unitized goods in and out of high density storage.
- Load handling capabilities up to 5500lbs (2500kg).
- Vertical storage capacity up to 24 meters (79 feet) in height.
- Rigid twin mast construction enhances load stability and product life.
- Ability to handle various load types, including full pallets, roll cages, containerized loads, and large items.
- Highly efficient storage capacity within minimal storage area footprint. High reliability and availability.
- Highly accurate inventory control.
- Ability to redundantly store inventory as a failover safeguard.
- Safe, office-quiet operation.
- Secure storage with limited access to personnel.
- Low energy consumption with run on demand technology.
- Can be equipped with advanced energy saving/recovery technology, which optimizes travel profiles and recovers braking energy.
Unit Load ASRS Technical Details
Additional Unit Load ASRS Considerations
Of critical importance to the performance of a Unit Load AS/RS Crane is the warehouse execution software used to integrate an Automated Storage and Retrieval System (aka ASRS) into a complete warehouse automation system. Invata’s own FastTrak® warehouse management system (WMS) and warehouse control system (WCS) software are key assets to achieving optimal performance for all Invata Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems.
Unit Load ASRS cranes are part of Invata’s complete family of automated storage and retrieval systems including the mini load ASRS crane, beam type mini load machines, and the shuttle ASRS technologies of the one level shuttle ASRS and the 3D shuttle ASRS and multi shuttle.
To learn more about what an Invata Unit Load AS/RS Crane or other type of Automated Storage and Retrieval System application can do for your operation, contact us.
We’ll be happy to share more about our rich history of employing AS/RS technology to improve your long-term cost of operating.