Featuring one of the fastest and highest capacity payload shuttle storage vehicles available, the shuttle vehicle is capable of two-dimensional movement (along aisle and into storage) while storing and retrieving items at multiple depths on a shelf (up to four items deep). Boasting the largest payload in both size and weight the OLS Shuttle ASRS provides the highest throughput rate available.
The modular design of the One level Shuttle ASRS also allows for a multi-tiered configuration, enabling an automated storage and retrieval system that executes transactions on a full 3-dimensional basis.
One Level Shuttle ASRS Technical Details
The highly scalable design of the Shuttle ASRS enables systems that have been built to meet current requirements to be quickly expanded as transactional or storage demands increase. Growth demands can be accommodated by increasing either the number of shuttles in use within a system, the system’s storage capacity, or both. The redundant nature of the OLS Shuttle ASRS configuration means there is no single point of failure within the system and that system availability is high.
As one of the fastest and highest payload shuttle storage vehicles available, the OLS Shuttle ASRS travels at a top speed of 4.0 meters per second (787 feet per minute) while accelerating at 2.0 meters per second squared with a payload of up to 110KG (220 lbs.)
Heights on the OLS shuttle ASRS can range from simple one-tier systems at floor level to systems as tall as 60 feet. Aisle length for individual shuttle vehicles ranges up to 100 meters (328 feet), but since shuttles and can be configured in multiple series, aisle length is virtually unlimited. And since, parallel aisle configuration has no limit, processing capability of the OLS ASRS is unlimited.
The One level Shuttle ASRS can be installed in existing facilities or incorporated into new construction. When incorporated into new construction, integrating the storage rack structure into the building can eliminate the need for building columns and significantly reduce the cost of the building.
OLS Shuttle ASRS is part of a complete family of automated storage and retrieval systems including the Mini-Load ASRS Crane, 3D Shuttle ASRS, beam type mini-load machines, and Unit Load ASRS. Invata deploys ASRS machinery to the requirements of each unique operation as key components of our purpose built intralogistics systems.
Common Applications For One Level Shuttle ASRS Include:
- Sequence buffering between operations with disparate timing.
- Reordering input and output to improve upstream productivity while meeting downstream demands.
- Goods to man order fulfillment.
- Feeding unit sortation induction stations.
- Mixed case pallet building.
- Sorting, staging and accumulating as a conveyor replacement.
Notable Features Of One Level Shuttle ASRS:
- Smooth, high-speed, low-wear operation.
- High availability and reliability due to modular design and scalable architecture.
- Ability to redundantly store inventory and spread transactions to allow for complete failover safeguards.
- 220-pound (100 KG) load handling capability.
- Ability to handle various load types, including totes, and original receipt cartons.
- Safe, quiet operation.
- Low energy consumption due to run on demand design and low weight.
- Long service life, high load capacity
Of equal importance to the performance of a One level Shuttle ASRS is the warehouse management system (WMS) and warehouse control system (WCS) software used to integrate an ASRS into an intralogistics system. Invata’s own FastTrak® warehouse execution software suite is a key asset to achieving optimal performance for ASR Systems of all types.
To learn more about what an Invata One level Shuttle ASRS can do for your operation, contact us, and we’ll be happy to share more about our rich history of employing ASRS Shuttle technology to enhance operational productivity.