Invata is looking for a focused, organized, and detail-oriented individual to assume the role of Senior Project Manager on our critical, large scale material handling system projects.
Projects will involve the integration of some or all of the following material handling equipment: pallet and parcel conveyors, sorters, in-motion scales, dimensioners, label printer/applicators, automated storage and retrieval equipment, scanners, sensors, in addition to WMS, WCS, and PLC controls software.
The Senior Project Manager will act as a central point of contact, coordination, and reporting for all parties involved in the project. This self-motivated individual will manage all aspects of the project including: project planning and scheduling, contract administration, financial and cost management, and customer communications.
The project manager will take ownership of each critical project milestone from data analysis, systems review, and system design, to system installation, testing, and customer training. Extensive successful project management experience in large scale material handling systems ($10MM+) is a must, and the project manager should be versed in the Project Management Body of Knowledge as published by the PMI.
Specific duties of the Senior Project Manager will include:
- Oversee building of project team.
- Develop and manage detailed project schedule.
- Manage key project resources and individuals through all phases of project.
- Oversee the creation of system functional specification and operations document.
- Coordinate and direct all activities related to project.
- Monitor project performance against key project milestones.
- Act as central information resource for all parties necessary to project completion.
- Maintain Gantt charts and checklists to ensure each phase of project is successfully completed.
- Manage key project contributors and project costs.
- Procure project equipment and supplies against time-critical deadlines.
- Effectively communicate/report on all project issues with Invata management.
- Act as liaison with client, maintaining multiple levels of customer satisfaction throughout client organization and ensuring all concerns are addressed.
- Travel to sites as needed.
Desired experience and skills for the Senior Project Manager position include:
- Seven years experience as a project manager in automated material handling systems projects or related field.
- Engineering or business degree: Bachelor’s or higher.
- Strong communication skills — verbal and written. Ability to grasp concepts/think analytically.
- Understanding of MHE controls architecture and functionality.
- Understanding of management principles involved in strategic project planning, coordination of people and departments, resource allocation, project leadership, and general project management.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of accounting and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Understanding of contract administration and language.
- Ability to analyze information, weigh cost/benefits, and make decisions accordingly.
- Understanding/familiarity with computer-aided design and drafting (AutoCAD).
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint.
- PMP certification.