Invata Intralogistics is seeking a highly motivated Sales Executive to nurture and move qualified prospects from leads to clients, by closing sales of advanced automation systems in the distribution and fulfillment marketplace.
Working with our Business Development team, the Sales Executive will take ownership of specific opportunities to manage prospect relationships and expectations throughout the sales cycle, while enlisting the support of our marketing, solutions development (providing concept design and systems architecture), operations research (providing data analysis/simulations), and company management teams as needed to deliver sales.
Invata solutions incorporate a sophisticated blend of advanced material handling technology and the algorithmic rich Warehouse Execution Software that both controls equipment systems and orchestrates the fulfillment and distribution processes our client’s need to achieve market advantage.
The selected candidate will sell Invata solutions, while working closely with some of the brightest system analysts, designers, engineers, integrators, and software developers in the business.
The Sales Executive position will report to the company CBDO. There is no need to relocate for this position as the selected candidate can operate out of his/her current location.
Sales Executive Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop, support, and communicate account strategy from pre-sale to post-sale.
- Coordinate pre-sale effort with Business Development Team to close business.
- Coordinate post-sales effort with Aftermarket Team to capture service, support, and parts business.
- Qualify opportunities by understanding prospective clients requirements, budgets, decision making process, operational equipment/infrastructure and software systems via a consultative selling methodology.
- Set prospective client expectations and get buy-in on each step in the sales process.
- Work with prospective clients to understand and establish their objectives and articulate them to the rest of the Business Development team.
- Work with prospective clients to understand and establish their financial capabilities and expectations for ROI and articulate them to the rest of the Business Development team.
- Consult with business development teams to better understand prospective clients’ requirements, provide support, and promote the sale of company products.
- Confer with engineers to assess prospective clients’ equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
- Present business case and solution to prospect.
- Overcome competitive sales objections by positioning Invata solutions as best meeting customer needs. Negotiate client contracts with support from management.
- Establish payment schedule consistent with cash flow.
- Arrange for demonstrations or trial installations of equipment.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to prospective clients and clients alike.
- Create and direct the creation of sales or service contracts for products or services.
- Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry-specific solutions.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to discuss needs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
- Provide technical and non-technical support and services to clients or other staff members regarding the use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Recommend improved materials or machinery to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production.
- Develop sales plans to introduce products in new markets.
- Diagnose problems with installed equipment. Provide information needed for the development of custom-made machinery.
- Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
- Keep informed on industry news and trends, products, services, competitors, relevant information about legacy, existing, and emerging technologies, and the latest product-line developments.
- Maintain sales forecasting reports.
- Identify resale opportunities and support them to achieve sales plans.
Requirements and Skill set:
- College degree or equivalent experience 5-7 years experience in a sales role.
- Knowledge of and experience in the material handling industry.
- Predisposition to using innovative approaches to solve common problems.
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment under pressure.
- Ability to adapt communication style to the targeted audience.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills.
- Experience working with multiple products and services.
- Confident and polished phone prospecting skills required.
- Outstanding skill in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Visio, and various email applications.
Position Performance Metrics:
- Number of closes
- Dollars Closed
- Opportunity to Close Ratio
Invata Intralogistics is an innovative engineering / software development firm specializing in the design, implementation, and integration of technologically advanced warehouse automation systems for use in omni-channel distribution centers, e-commerce fulfillment centers, reverse logistics processing centers, third-party logistics centers, and a wide array of warehousing/distribution operations.
Our systems utilize advanced material handling technology along with sophisticated database and warehouse software and control systems to ensure constant analysis and optimization of an operation such that leaps in productivity can be achieved and consistently maintained. In doing so, Invata systems often enable our clients to turn cost centers into competitive advantages.
A culture of inquiry:
As a nimble, hard-working team, Invata employees share a relentless conviction to the elegance of simplicity, the efficiency of purpose, and the satisfaction derived from finding the best solution to any logistics challenge we face. As a result, inquiry and constant learning are our drivers and comprehension and task ownership comprise the due diligence required for success.
If you are a seasoned sales executive who thrives in a fast-paced environment in which your best efforts have real impact on company success, then we look forward to hearing from you.