Invata is looking for an organized, focused, and detail-oriented individual to assume the role of Project Manager on ($1MM to $5MM) automated material handling system projects. This position could report to any of our three primary office locations: Grand Rapids, MI, Conshocken, PA, or Canton, CT, so if you live in any of those areas and are interested in a project manager position, please apply to this ad.
The projects to be managed will involve the integration of material handling equipment common to our industry: pallet and parcel conveyors, sorters, in-motion scales, dimensioners, label printer/applicators, pick modules and mezzanines, scanners and sensors, in addition to WMS, WCS, and PLC controls software.
While familiarity with this equipment and direct experience in the material handling industry is preferred, project management experience in a similar field will be strongly considered for this position.
The Project Manager will act as a central point of contact, coordination, and reporting for all parties involved in the project. This self-motivated individual will manage all aspects of the project including: project planning and scheduling, contract administration, financial and cost management, and customer communications.
Successful project management experience is a plus, and the project manager should be familiar with the Project Management Body of Knowledge as published by the PMI.
Specific duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Develop and manage detailed project schedule.
- Manage key project resources.
- Oversee the creation of system functional specification and operations document.
- Coordinate and direct all activities related to project.
- Monitor project performance against key project milestones.
- Act as central information resource for all parties necessary to project completion.
- Maintain Gantt charts and checklists to ensure each phase of project is successfully completed.
- Coordinate key project contributors and project costs.
- Procure project equipment and supplies against time-critical deadlines.
- Effectively communicate/report on all project issues with Invata management.
- Act as liaison with client, ensuring all concerns are addressed.
- Travel to sites as needed.
Desired experience and skills for this position include:
- 3 – 5 years experience as a project manager for automated material handling systems projects or for projects in a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Strong communication skills — verbal and written.
- Ability to grasp concepts/think analytically.
- Familiarity with material handling equipment functionality is a plus, but experience in a related field will suffice.
- Understanding of the principles involved in strategic project planning, coordination of people and departments, resource allocation, project leadership, and general project management.
- Understanding of the principles and practices of accounting and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Understanding of contract language and administration.
- Ability to analyze information, weigh cost/benefits, and make decisions accordingly.
- Familiarity with computer-aided design and drafting (AutoCAD) is a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint.
- PMP certification is a plus.