Invata Intralogistics has an immediate position available for a Senior Systems Design Engineer to work in our expanding office in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
As part of the Client Solutions group, the high performer filling this position will be responsible for leading the concept development and engineering effort for Invata’s state-of-the-art warehouse automation systems. Invata automated systems typically incorporate conveyors, AS/RS, unit sortation, picking automation, and racking that leverage the extensive capabilities of Invata’s FastTrak warehouse execution software. The focus of this position will be the presales side of the business, but candidate will also have exposure to Invata’s implementation work.
The primary role is developing system concepts. The Senior Systems Design Engineer estimates these designs using internal estimating tools as well as tools from our supplier partners. Clear, concise communication skills are needed to effectively assess and coordinate estimates with external resources such as installation contractors and manufacturers. Excellent technical writing skills are needed to assist in the development of proposals and presentation materials. The ability to quickly adapt to new requirements in order to meet client needs is essential.
From time to time you will work as part of a team that takes the conceptual designs and turns them into a successful installation and integration. This means working closely with our controls engineering, software, and integration engineers to ensure every detail is defined and documented and that field operations/client turnover go smoothly.
Senior Systems Design Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Turn client opportunity requirements into best practice system concept and design.
- Work with internal resources and external suppliers to assemble technical solution.
- Accurately estimate solution costs to assure target margin can be achieved.
- Assist in proposal preparation for client presentation (in conjunction with sales team).
- Document design for successful transition project to implementation team.
- Participate in company technology improvement campaigns.
- Expand your education in a wide variety of material handling automation, software, and operations areas.
- Mentor the junior members of the team and provide critical engineering detail/review.
Requirements and Skill Set:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of material handling automation technologies, with strong conveyor application background.
- The candidate must be an expert in the use of AutoCAD, with education, knowledge and experience in drafting principles/practices.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding demonstrated performance in preceding career paths.
- Loves developing creative solutions that help lead to winning orders.
- Ability to work with clients and earn their trust though superior problem solving and effort.
- Positive, problem solving mentality.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and engineering skills.
- Never settles for ‘good enough.’
- Responsive to requests and input from others, a team player.
Invata Intralogistics is an innovative engineering / software development firm specializing in the design, implementation, and integration of technologically advanced warehouse automation systems for use in omni-channel distribution centers, e-commerce fulfillment centers, reverse logistics processing centers, third-party logistics centers, and a wide array of warehousing/distribution operations.
Our systems utilize advanced material handling technology along with sophisticated database and warehouse software and control systems to ensure constant analysis and optimization of an operation such that leaps in productivity can be achieved and consistently maintained. In doing so, Invata systems often enable our clients to turn cost centers into competitive advantages.
A culture of inquiry:
As a nimble, hard-working team, Invata employees share a relentless conviction to the elegance of simplicity, the efficiency of purpose, and the satisfaction derived from finding the best solution to any logistics challenge we face. As a result, inquiry and constant learning are our drivers and comprehension and task ownership comprise the due diligence required for success.
If you are a seasoned Systems Design Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment in which your best efforts have real impact on company success, then we look forward to hearing from you.