The activated roller belt aligner uses angled or perpendicular rollers embedded in a modular plastic belt conveyor to precisely align all sizes of cartons, cases, boxes, and shrink-wrapped packages to one side of the conveyor in a 40% smaller footprint than needed with a skewed roller conveyor solution.
Utilizing Intralox’s patented Activated Roller Belt™ (ARB™) technology, the activated roller belt aligner gently and uniformly squares parcels against a guard rail without compromise to product quality.
Parcels randomly entering the conveyor are carried on angled rollers across the conveyor surface in the direction of the roller orientation rather than the direction of belt travel.
And since activated roller belt aligner rollers are angled toward the edge of the conveyor, parcels are positively justified in a single, accurate line along the edge of the conveyor.
The activated roller belt aligner can accommodate a mix of parcel sizes at the same time, ensuring uniform spacing between each parcel.
Activated Roller Belt Aligner Applications
The activated roller belt aligner can be used for:
- Preparing parcels for downstream processes such as scanning, weighing, print and apply labeling, sortation and merges.
- Aligning and properly orienting cartons and cases in preparation for accumulation or machine feed.
- Continuous alignment and high throughput of items within a minimal footprint.
- Aligning post-depalletization.
- Preparation for recirculation looping.
Activated Roller Belt Aligner Benefits
Activated roller belt aligner benefits include:
- Enables accurate product justification in 40% smaller footprint than required for other alignment technologies such as skewed roller conveyor.
- Positive justification is guaranteed, even after system starts/stops. Ensures precise spacing between parcels.
- Reduced maintenance and cost of ownership compared to skewed roller conveyor.
- Aligning multiple sizes of parcels at the same time.
To learn more about what an Invata ARB aligner can do for your conveyor system, contact us, and we’ll be happy to share more about our rich history of employing ARB conveyor technology to enhance operational productivity.